Wednesday, December 1, 2010

PSYCH

Are you looking for a NEW show to watch since your show got CANNED!  Well let me recommend a little show on the USA Network called PSYCH.  PSYCH comes on Wednesdays at 9pm Central Standard time.  According to wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psych) PSYCH is an American criminal comedy-drama mystery television series created by Steve Franks and broadcast on USA Network. It stars James Roday as Shawn Spencer, a young crime consultant for the Santa Barbara Police Department whose "heightened observational skills" and impressive detective instincts allow him to convince people that he solves cases with psychic abilities. The program also stars Dulé Hill as Shawn's best friend and reluctant partner Burton "Gus" Guster, as well as Corbin Bernsen as Shawn's captious father, Henry.  PSYCH is GREAT TV because the cast has so MUCH chemistry together and this is especially true for the two main characters Shawn and Gus.  Every episode is like reliving events between you and your best friends.  The question you have to ask yourself here doesn't everybody have a friend like Shawn Spencer and the answer is YES!  Who doesn't have an outgoing, smart, cleaver, CRAZY, and funny friend all rolled into one!  My Shawn Spencer would be one of my very BEST friends George Alexander Hartline III.  George was my crazy outgoing FUNNY friend growing up.  Every week George would come up with a plan and NO matter how CRAZY it would be I would of course go long with it much in the same aspect that Gus goes long with Shawn on PSYCH every week no matter how CRAZY or how much trouble we would get into.  If George was Shawn then I was most certainly GUS.  I was the reasonable one when it came to George's CRAZY plans.  When George ran toward the crowd or TROUBLE I would always be the one to turn away and walk away or at least play dead.  But again doesn't everyone need a friend like that.  Take my buddy George for example.  If it was NOT for George I would have NEVER went to the college that I wanted to go to my entire live, I would have NEVER stepped out of my apartment at college, and I would have never did the things I did it college without my buddy George pushing me along.  In a sense I would have NEVER become the man I am today without my CRAZY friend George.  That's Shawn Spencer in a nutshell!  Gus would have never  become the man he is today without his CRAZY friend Shawn!  Think about it without Shawn, Gus would still be in his BORING old job in which viewers knew from the start that he hated with a passion.  The show is a winner and has been a winner since it started way back in 2006.  PSYCH also works because of the relationship between father and son.  Shawn Spencer's dad Henry Spencer played by Corbin Bernsen is the pushing force behind what makes Shawn, Shawn.  I mean really how many of us has dads that push us to become the people that we become later in life.  PSYCH works on so many levels.  Review 5 out of 5 KITKATS so watch PSYCH on Wednesdays on the USA NETWORK!

1 comment:

  1. YEAH BABY! Thanks Rusty!! You are the man. And P.S> I had a business production meeting with Corbin Bernsen a couple years ago when we mad the movie "Realtors: The Movie"!

    ReplyDelete