Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Billy the Exterminator

Billy the Exterminator is all new tonight on A&E at 8:30 central standard time.  I have to say that his is one show that you accidentally stumble upon one night while flipping through the channels and you become engrossed with the whole concept of the show and you can NOT take your eyes off of it.  If you have not watched Billy the Exterminator it is appointment TV or at least TiVo it and watch it later!  Billy the Exterminator is about a family of Exterminators in Louisiana.  The show consists of Billy his brother Ricky his dad "Big" Bill his mother Donnie, and his wife Mary.  So how did I stumble upon this show?  My mom and dad actually hooked my three year old daughter on Billy the Exterminator.  How do I know that my three year old daughter is hooked on Billy the Exterminator?  For this blog I was trying to think of what Billy's mother's name was and I couldn't think of it.  So what do I do?  I ask my three year old daughter and without hesitation she replies "Donnie".  I proceeded to ask her trivia questions about the show in which she answered every single question correct.  My daughter was also asked to name a community helper at daycare and what does she reply?  Billy.  Her teacher took her to the front office to get the head lady to explain to her that Billy the Exterminator was not a community helper, but the head lady actually told my daughter that in some cases she was actually right!  How about that!  So what makes this show worth watching?  I think it has a little bit of Steve Irwin crocodile hunter to it.  Why do I watch?  I really think I watch to see what is going to attack Billy or Ricky next.  Is it bad that I always like it when a bee, raccoon, snake, or even crocodile attacks them?  My FAVORITE episode so far has to be when Billy is called out to a zoo like farm to catch mice in the workers house.  Everything goes smooth on the first day of this assignment.  Billy does his inspection and sets all his mouse traps.  On the second day he goes back to clear all the traps with this brother Ricky by his side.  As he is going through the house clearing all the traps he makes it to the bedroom of one of the workers.  He lays down to clear one of the traps under a dresser when all the sudden he JUMPS up screaming.  Attached to his hand is a LONG SNAKE!!!  The girl that lives there RUNS screaming SNAKE out of the room and Billy is screaming for his brother Ricky.  Billy tries to get the snake off his hand but fails.  Ricky rushes in and is able to remove the snake from his brother's hand.  Billy is needless to say FREAKED OUT!!!  He keeps asking Ricky is it poisonous???? Do I need medical attention???  After several seconds Ricky tells Billy that he should be ok because this is just a KING snake and that is NOT poisonous.  This episode lets you in on just how dangerous this job can be, but at the same time you almost want to tune in to see what in the world is going to attack either Billy or Ricky next!  Review 5 out of 5 KITKATS!!!  This is MUST see TV!!!!  Please your thoughts or comments on Billy the Exterminator

1 comment:

  1. forget the crazy situations they find themselves in..I just want to run my hands through those manly mullets!!!

    ReplyDelete