Friday, December 17, 2010

The Rick and Bubba Show

Now some of you may comment and say that the Rick and Bubba Show is not "really" a TV show but a radio show and I would beg to differ with you on that point.  The fact of the matter is that The Rick and Bubba Show is a show for all media outlets period.  Yes they are more of a radio show than the other types of media out there but you cannot deny the fact that they do in fact venture out into other forms of media.  Please go to their website at www.rickandbubba.com and check out all the different things that they offer to their listeners/viewers.  At their website they will provide you with all the information that you will need to know about them including a complete list of radio and TV stations in which you can find them on and at what times they will be broadcasting on that particular station.  As I am writing this blog this morning I am listening to The Rick and Bubba Show as they host what they call their "Year Ender" meaning that this is the last live show of 2010, but not to worry as Speedy (third in command as I call him) will be hosting the "Best of The Rick and Bubba Show" until Rick and Bubba return in January 2011.  If you have NEVER had the opportunity to listen or watch The Rick and Bubba Show next week is a GREAT opportunity to get in the "loop" as they call it on the show.  What does that mean "get in the loop"?  In simple terms this means you can listen or watch the very BEST moments of The Rick and Bubba Show and determine for yourself if this is a show that you should be listening to or watching on TV.  The "Best of The Rick and Bubba Show" is the funniest moments of The Rick and Bubba Show from the last 16 years that the guys have been doing the show.  I started listening to the show in the late 1990s and have loved every minute of the show since that first day that I was hooked.  As you can image The Rick and Bubba Show has went through many different changes over the last 16 years.  The Rick and Bubba Show actually started out with just Rick Burgess doing a radio show all by himself.  Over time Rick added Bill "Bubba" Bussey because Rick thought that his show was funnier when Bubba would stop by his show and they would discuss various topics.  Rick went to his bosses about Bubba and the rest is history because it was no longer just Rick Burgess it was now The Rick and Bubba Show from then on.  Rick and Bubba then added Calvin "Speedy" Wilburn (3rd in command) as their producer and a cast of interns to the show with the longest running intern being one Don Juan (fourth in command for the longest time - almost 12 years).  Don Juan would eventually leave the show opening the door for Rick's brother Greg Burgess to step into the shoes of Don Juan.  So why does The Rick and Bubba Show work or why should I listen or watch The Rick and Bubba Show.  My response is a simple why not give them a try.  Of course I can say the same old same old that The Rick and Bubba Show works because of the chemistry of the cast of characters on the show.  Yeah that's true, but what if I told you that GOD has blessed this show more than any other show that I listen to or watch on TV.  The Rick and Bubba Show tell a story about true Christians and not only the struggles that a Christian goes through but the simple fact that Christians can led by example and have FUN too!  I know I really haven't told you anything about the show itself.  The Rick and Bubba Show is a show for ALL ages, races, and genders.  It is a show about the lives of the people on the show and the struggles and fun times that they go though.  I have been in studio with Rick and Bubba.  I have held a golden ticket.  I have shook hands with both Rick and Bubba and I can truly say that they are the same people on and off the air.  They truly care for each other and each member of their audience.  If you listen to The Rick and Bubba Show you really feel like they are part of your family and you are a part of their family.  My favorite memory of the show is when Don Juan, Hobbie, and Casio Kid travel to Panama City Beach and are walking along the strip and a truck full of rednecks pass the three by and one of the guys in the truck look at the tree walking and says the following "GAY, GAY, GAY!!"  As the truck rolls forward you hear one Don Juan say "I'm going to WHOOP that A!!"  You then hear that same guy in the truck say "Pull this truck over right now!" Don Juan can't believe what he has just done.  Hobbie stands his ground and is ready to stand by his good friend.  Then Don Juan and Hobbie tell us that they look over to Casio Kid and it is just a white puff of smoke like the road runner.  Casio Kid is running faster than a fat kid has ever run before.  Don Juan tells us that Casio Kid can barely be seen in the distance because he is running so fast.  This is by far my favorite bit of all time!!! I have never in my live laughed so hard and I think if you start watching or listening to show you too will find yourself laughing your head off too!!!  Check out The Rick and Bubba Show at www.rickandbubba.com

2 comments:

  1. Rick and Bubba were good people until they became rich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listened to Rick and Bubba when they first came here but, quit listening to them a couple years ago. They think that they are better than everyone else. I opened a store and they were at they opening. I told the manager to move them to another part of the store because, I couldn't here the customers I was taking care of and they got mad about it. I was trying to do my job and couldn't. They also cut down sports that they know nothing about. They both need to be taken off the air!!!!

    ReplyDelete