I have to say with the recent changes of everybody's profile pictures on Facebook to their favorite cartoon characters i
f it wasn't obvious before, it should be now that the 1980s had the best cartoons hands down. What was your favorite cartoon growing up? I did change my profile picture on facebook this week to "The Real Ghostbusters" because I think it was hands down the best of the best in the cartoon world when I was growing up. I have to say that the cartoons today that our children have the choices to watch no way compare to the GREAT cartoons of the 1980s and early 90s. If I had to choose one cartoon to watch in today's world it has to be Phineas and Ferb on Disney Channel. I think it is the only cartoon on now that is just PURE fun not only for kids but adults too! I remember my dad watching The Real Ghostbusters with my brother and I growing up and I hope my daughter will remember her and I watching Phineas and Ferb together and laughing our heads off. Phineas and Ferb have something to offer to all age groups across the board. Phineas and Ferb brings out the inner child in all of us and reminds us that we really don't have to take life serious all the time. We all NEED a 104 days of SUMMER vacation!!! Phineas and Ferb remind me a lot of my brother and I growing up. Phineas and Ferb are ALWAYS up to something EVERY DAY, very similar to the old cartoon Pinky and the Brain ("So Brain what are we going to do today? Same thing we do every day - Try and take over the World" - love that line). No matter what they do during the course of that day they NEVER get caught!!! How does that NOT remind you of your brother or sister growing up??? When my parents left my brother and I home alone during the summer I remember all the fights, games, and all the things that we BROKE during the course of that day. I also remember as much as my brother and I got into it during that day we also worked VERY hard near the end of the day before our mom got home to FIX whatever we BROKE during the day. Let's just say that here in 2010 my brother and I can HOT GLUE anything to look like it had NEVER been broke in the first place similar to Phineas and Ferb and how all their PLANS disappeared before their mom got home. I know the exception here is that Candice their sister is always trying to TELL on them to get them in trouble but it NEVER works (well in a few episodes it does but it NEVER sticks) whereas my brother and I had to work hard not to get caught. I don't think my mom and dad ever realized just how many things my brother and I actually broke while growing up until 1998.... What happened in 1998 you ask? That was my senior year in High School, but it was also the year that my parents remodeled their house. When they start throwing things away in order to put NEW things into their house, everything that we had EVER broke just fell apart during the moving process. I remember the SHOCK on my mom's face when she finally looked down at a lamp shade only to uncover the web-like hot clue that was ALL in that lamp shade that my brother and I had broke during an indoor football game that we later repaired that NO ONE knew for a good 5 years. Oh yeah we were that GOOD!!! So I do have to say that Phineas and Ferb do remind me a lot of my brother and I growing up and by far is the BEST cartoon on today but I still don't think it compares to some of the cartoons of the 1980s. What do you think? What was your favorite cartoon growing up? What is your favorite cartoon in today's world? Please leave your feedback and comments! REVIEW 4 OUT 5 KITKATS WHEN COMPARED TO THE REAL GHOSTBUSTERS WHICH GETS 5 OUT 5 KITKATS.
No comments:
Post a Comment